Creating a 5K team is easy
When choosing a team name, be creative! Contact Ebony Clay (firstname.lastname@example.org), with a team name and recruit your teammates.
When you form your own team, you are the captain of the team and have an important role. As a team captain you will:
- Recruit your coworkers, friends, and family members to join your team. Teams of all sizes are welcome. The minimum team size to compete for team awards is 10 runners 30 days before race day. (February 27, 2017)
- Communicate to your team members how to register.
- All teammates must register for the AMCP Annual Meeting.
- Select a team name and recruit colleagues, classmates or friends to run with you.
- Each individual teammate must register for the 5K, and enter their team name in the field provided (or select their team name from the drop-down list).
- Make a team member a Co-captain to help with communication and team duties as necessary.
- Questions? Review the team captain packet, 5K FAQ or contact Ebony Clay (email@example.com).
Learn more by reviewing the team captain packet.
You’re encouraged to make your team stand out, so have fun while supporting a great cause. In the spirit of friendly competition, Team/Individual Awards will be given in four categories as follows:
Team with Most Participants
This will be based on how many members are registered and paid on March 27, 2017
Fastest Team & Individual
This will be awarded to the fastest Male, Female, and Coed team competing in the 5K Run/Walk. The 5 fastest chip times on your team will be recorded and averaged to determine the team winner.
Most Team Spirit
This will be awarded based on costumes, team name, t-shirts, props, enthusiasm, etc.
Get Creative and Have Fun!
Can’t participate in the 5K Run/Walk, but want to get involved? No problem!
Here’s How You Can Make a Difference:
- Support a 5K participant. You can donate securely online to support a 5K participant or a team to meet their fund-raising goals.
- Make a general donation to the 5K
- Sleep-in for the For the Future! Select the “Sleep-In” option and we won’t enroll you in the race – but you can still pick up a T-shirt at the Annual Meeting registration desk. $20 Sleep-in (member & non-member).